Membership Cancellations and Product Refunds
Should you come to feel for any reason that you are unable to continue to support our cause, while we will be sad to lose you, we would nonetheless like to make your departure as pain-free as possible.
Should you wish to cancel, please do the following:
Cancelling Your Payments
If you have subscribed to 5 Star (formerly, Democrats and Veterans) via PayPal, please cancel your subscription in the following way.
Cancelling a PayPal Subscription
- Go to PayPal's website (Clicking this will open a new tab. You won't lose your place here.)
- PayPal regularly shuffles their site around, so the following method may change subtly, but essentially, you need to do this: Click on the Cog / gear icon (usually at the top right corner of the page).
- A second horizontal menu should appear. Click on 'Payments' or similar, on the horizontal menu.
- On this page, click on 'Manage your pre-approved payments' or similar. Having clicked this link, look towards the bottom left of the page, and click 'manage pre-approved payments'.
- Now, in the 'Merchants' column on the lift, look down the list for a heading 'Dems N Vets' or '5 Star' and click that. Near the top of the page you should see the title 'Status'. Beside that, next to word 'Active' please click the word 'Cancel' and confirm your decision when asked by the site.
Cancelling a Direct Debit
It is generally recommended that in addition to instructing your bank by phone or via their Internet banking system to cancel your direct debit, you also advise your bank of this instruction in writing. While this is not strictly necessary unless the fact of your having cancelled the direct debit is ever challenged, for peace of mind in the matter, we suggest you:
- Download, edit, print and post our direct debit cancellation instruction letter to your bank.
- If you don't wish to write to your bank, we suggest you either call your bank and ask them to cancel over the phone, or else access your Internet banking, and browse to the list or direct debits, select ours, and cancel it. If you struggle to find your bank's telephone number, there's usually one printed on the bank of your bank card which you can call and ask to be transferred to whoever you need to speak to to help you with this task.
We are unable to refund membership fees that have already been paid. Should you wish to avoid an automatic payment / subscription from debiting funds in the future, please ensure you follow the procedure described above for cancelling your subscription.
Merchandise - Refunds and Sizing Issues
Should you decide that you bought an item in error, you should return the item at your own expense, to our Returns Address (detailed on the accompanying documentation). Where we receive the item in original / new condition within 14 days of the original despatch date, we will refund the cost of the item to the card or account through which the payment was made. Postage costs for the original and return dispatches will not be refunded. Where it is evident that reasonable efforts have been made to return the item within 14 days of original dispatch, and return has been subject to delays caused by Royal mail, we will extend this period for up to 7 days.
Should you receive a defective item, you should return the item in its original condition, initially at your own expense, to our Returns Address (detailed on the accompanying documentation) within 14 days of our original dispatch date. We aim to dispatch a replacement item within three working days (excluding weekends), with postage being at our expense. Should you wish to be refunded for the return postage costs, please send an email detailing this request and supplying your original order number, to ku.dd5@ofni.
In the event that you purchase an item of clothing that is the wrong size, you should return this to us at your own expense in original / new condition, detailing in writing the reason for return and your preferred choice of sizing. We will aim to dispatch a replacement item with postage being at our own expense, within three working days (excluding weekends).